Upcoming Show Status
Thank you for your patience as we reschedule concerts. All ticketholders are encouraged to hang on to their tickets for concerts as they get rescheduled. Please see the below refund policy. Please note that Summerfest will be held Sept 2-4, 9-11, 16-18, 2021
Status as of April 14, 2021
|Concert||Venue||June/July Date||Reschedule Status||New Show Date|
|Khalid||American Family Insurance Amphitheater||June 24, 2021||Cancelled||-|
|Luke Bryan||American Family Insurance Amphitheater||June 25, 2021||Pending||TBA|
|Justin Bieber||American Family Insurance Amphitheater||June 26, 2021||Pending||TBA|
|Dave Matthews Band||American Family Insurance Amphitheater||July 1, 2021||Pending||TBA|
|blink-182||American Family Insurance Amphitheater||July 2, 2021||Pending||TBA|
|Chris Stapleton||American Family Insurance Amphitheater||July 8, 2021||Pending||TBA|
|Guns N’ Roses||American Family Insurance Amphitheater||July 10, 2021||Pending||TBA|
Pending - Summerfest is waiting for the artist to tell us when their Summerfest performance will be in the future. These shows will not happen on their scheduled dates in June/July 2021. The dates will be updated when received by artist management.
Canceled - This performance is no longer. Please see the below refund policy.
Rescheduled - Artist has rescheduled their show and tickets are on sale for the new show date. Ticketholders are encouraged to hang on to their tickets. If not possible, please see refund policy below.
For each canceled, postponed and rescheduled show, Ticketmaster will contact each ticket purchaser to advise them on how to secure a refund. Be sure to follow the @Summerfest social channels for the most up-to-date information.
Show is rescheduled with a new date
Refunds will be available from the original point of purchase for 30 days from the announcement of the rescheduled date. Ticket purchasers will receive a Ticketmaster email advising them that refunds will be available for a 30-day window, with instructions on how to secure their refund. You can also check your order status in your Ticketmaster account.
- Q: What if I get a response from Ticketmaster saying that the event organizer is not allowing refunds at this time or the refund button is not appearing in my account?
- A: We suggest that you please allow some extra time as Ticketmaster’s systems are updating. Continue to check your order status in your Ticketmaster Account for the ‘refund’ link to appear.
- Q: I purchased my tickets at the Box Office.
- A: Fans who purchased tickets from the Box Office will have 30 days to request refunds - once the new show date is announced. The Box office is open Monday - Wednesday from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- Q: I bought my ticket on a third-party resale platform
- A: Customers who purchased tickets through another resale platform or distribution partner (Vivid Seats, StubHub, etc.), the customer will need to seek a refund from such resale platform or distribution partner.
- Q: My show has been rescheduled do I keep physical ticket/PDF until September 2021 or will I get a new ticket for the new date
- A: No. Hang on to the original dated ticket. It will be valid for the rescheduled tour date. If your ticket has delivery delay in place (digitally sent 72 hours before the event) you will receive your digital tickets 72 hours before the new date.
Show is canceled
All tickets for canceled shows purchased on Ticketmaster.com and at the Box Office are automatically refunded to the original method of payment (with the exception of cash sales). The cost of expedited shipping and merchandise will not be refunded. If you purchased tickets at the Box office with cash you will need to return to the box office with the tickets for your refund.
Please note - The Summerfest Box office is open Monday - Wednesday from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm.